This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive project lost

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Anonymous Tiger

Kdenlive project lost

Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:12 pm
So recently I came back to kdenlive because it is one of he boostest editing software for pc and with this new updates it looks fire but today I clicked save the project, specified the folder, etc. But then I closed the kdenlive when I re-opened it I did "Open project" and when I pressed on my project it did nothing... tell me if there are any backup for windows 10 . I had like 6 backups earlier but now I see none it is prob that kdenlive accidentaly deleted em?
bartoloni
OS

Re: Kdenlive project lost

Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:37 am
Hi i'm using Kdenlive everyday on Windows 10 and for now.. never lost a project...
do you still have the .project file? (if yes... looking into it using notepad .. there is something written? there is code?)
where did you saved the project? (what path?)
asteriajedi
Registered Member

Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:43 pm
I have a similar situation I think. I've been working on a project, saved the file multiple times.. but when I opened the program today it couldn't find anything. There are no backups to be found and no files with KdenLive extension.
There are actually no files at all on my computer, which is weird since I played around a bit before I began working on the real deal.. and f-ed that up couple of times so I'd say there should be at least 6 projects available?

Did find something in a hidden cache folder.. but unable to open or restore.

After researching my best bet is that I shouldn't have just saved the project, but archive it?
ainali
Registered Member

Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:12 am
This happens to me to. Like almost every time since I installed the snap. I save somewhere in my home catalog, along with the other clips I use in the project, and then the .kdenlive file disappears. I am using Kdenlive 20.04.0 on Ubuntu 20.04.
digiboy
Registered Member

Wed May 12, 2021 5:27 am
ainali wrote:This happens to me to. Like almost every time since I installed the snap. I save somewhere in my home catalog, along with the other clips I use in the project, and then the .kdenlive file disappears. I am using Kdenlive 20.04.0 on Ubuntu 20.04.

Exactly the same scenario. Kdenlive 20.04.0 on Ubuntu 20.04, installed via snap. I worked extensively on 2 projects the whole of yesterday and today I come in to complete the thing and do my renders and it's all gone. All of yesterday gone down the drain now. WTF!

It used to work great a while ago. I am going to downgrade to an older version and have it install in other ways than snap and see if that fixes the issue.
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Thu May 20, 2021 4:42 pm
Hmm, I never had these kind of issues. But for a while now I have been using appimages for kdenlive.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
dfcedfxd
Registered Member

Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:05 am
;) ;) dont worry, you can go to /home or parent all directory
search for your file name, or you can type .kdenlive
usually thats file auto backup

i hope you have a nice day ;D
haleric
Registered Member

Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:29 am
I had similar problems, but it seemed to help by typing the ".kdenlive" extension in the file name when initially saving the project.
vertion
Registered Member

Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:29 pm
Same issue on kdenlive 21.12.2 installed via snap on Ubuntu 20.04. All .kdenlive files disappeared.

Searched the entire computer for *.kdenlive files and all that is returned are empty files in /home/user/snap/kdenlive/common/.cache/kdenlive/
Makinars-Studio
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:53 am
You guys should use AppImage.
I had some problems with Flatpack and since then I only use AppImage and so far it has been the most stable version in my opinion. :)

grosenfriis
Registered Member

Re: Kdenlive project lost  Topic is solved

Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:43 pm
Hi

I am on Ubuntu v20 and using Kdenlive v22.08.3

I also could not find my project file, however, there was a backup located here

Code: Select all
/home/<user>/snap/kdenlive/75/.local/share/kdenlive/.backup

Another user in this thread suggested saving a Kdenlive project - where you type in the project file name including the .kdenlive file extension. That was a great tip, thx, now I have the project file in my chosen folder.

Thx for the advice on this page, helped me save more than 12 hours of work :)