This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Missing Toolbars / Icons [Kdenlive 19.12.1]

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Kra??s
Registered Member
Kdenlive 19.12.1
Ubuntu 19.10
Gnome 3.34

Just installed for the first time from the PPA. Started playing with the program, but then I noticed the apparent lack of toolbars. Played with it, realized they're there, but just blank. Here's what the UI looks like:

https://i.imgur.com/tCLVY5N.png

Once I visited the Wikipedia page for the software, I realized all the tool icons are missing.

I checked to see if the Breeze icon package was installed, (as mentioned by the "Missing package" of the Troubleshooting page):
Code: Select all
$ sudo apt install breeze-icon-theme
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
breeze-icon-theme is already the newest version (4:5.62.0-0ubuntu1).
breeze-icon-theme set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

I'm going to try rebooting to see if that solves the problem, but I thought I should post my problem here before investigating further since it's odd this would be a problem at all.

[Edit: Tried rebooting, problem not resolved.]
bartoloni
OS
Kra??s
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:seems something like that: viewtopic.php?f=269&t=164730
can you try an appimage? https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 4.appimage

Well, I suppose I could, but I'd rather have it reported so the dependency bug can be fixed?
Kra??s
Registered Member
Oh, bartoloni, I should point out, in my case, no execution of commands are needed in my case. The icons simply don't show up.

Incidentally, neither do any of the themes. On that menu, when I click on themes, nothing happens. No submenu appears.
Kra??s
Registered Member
Perhaps I'm asking the wrong question. How do we report bugs?
bartoloni
OS
Kra??s
Registered Member
Hello! Wondering if this has been resolved yet. Still interested in using the software, but like others have reported, the interface is unusable.