This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

User interface is unusable

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
foxsen
Registered Member

Re: User interface is unusable

Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:39 pm
Merlimau wrote:So only OpenGLES works for your intel graphic card?

Yes. I tried the other things under that setting and only OpenGLES works.
solomondouglas
Registered Member

Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:56 pm
bartoloni wrote:
solomondouglas wrote:I'm running WIndows 10 on a machine with a 3840x2160 display resolution.

can you provide a screenshot at this resolution (full screen with some tracks and compositions and effects) just to be sure that the Kdenlive GUI can be usable at more than 1080 resolution?

if you can , please when making screenshot GRAB AN EDGE OF A CLIP WITH MOUSE. (like resizing) just to see if the resize bar can be seen on this kind of monitors.

Do you want me to just mouse over the edge of a clip (in which case the edge lights up green if it's the left edge, or red if the right edge)? Or do you want me to actually grab it with the mouse (in which case the green or red disappears while I'm doing the resizing).

To answer your question anecdotally about whether kdenlive is usable at this screen resolution: the answer is yes, I've been doing lots of work and it's fine. There are two frustrating things, though: some of the icons are so small that I literally find myself removing my glasses and holding my face right close to the screen in order to decipher them; and in the title editor, the text cursor is not visible, so I have to keep the cursor in my mind since it's not on the screen.

Let me know if you want the mouse over the edge or actually clicked on the edge, and I'll post another screenshot.
solomondouglas
Registered Member

Mon May 11, 2020 4:39 am
I've upgraded to 20.04.0 and I see that this problem has not been addressed. I still have to delete my settings before running kdenlive (not every single time, but often) or else the screen is unusable. This is starting to get frustrating.

solomondouglas wrote:I've just installed 19.12.3, and it has been working well; I've gotten some good work done, and no crashes. Yay!

However, a behaviour has arisen in which some elements of the UI are not visible at all, while others are extremely large. Is there a known workaround or fix for this problem?

I have screenshots of the problem but I can't figure out how to attach them to my post. (Sorry, new forum user here!) Once I figure out how to do that I'll attach them in a reply to this thread.

Thanks in advance,
Solomon