This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Full install versus stand alone

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mszorady
Registered Member

Full install versus stand alone

Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:37 pm
I've run Linux for some eyars and have enjoyed using Kdenlive on this platform. Recently, I received a new windows 10 laptop. I installed the stand alone version of Kdenlive. But is the full install of Kdenlive faster? Does it render faster or perform faster?
bartoloni
OS

Re: Full install versus stand alone

Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:17 am
On Windows the installer and the standalone are SIMPLY the same thing (with the uninstallation tool on the full package) ... sometimes some portables (on Windows world) are made using a virtualization technology... BUT Kdenlive is working as is (pure BINARY) on the stand-alone/portable and installed version.

this mean... no changes on rendering time.
mszorady
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:On Windows the installer and the standalone are SIMPLY the same thing (with the uninstallation tool on the full package) ... sometimes some portables (on Windows world) are made using a virtualization technology... BUT Kdenlive is working as is (pure BINARY) on the stand-alone/portable and installed version.

this mean... no changes on rendering time.

Thanks very much for the answer.:) Greatly appreciated.:)
bartoloni
OS

Re: Full install versus stand alone

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:55 am
BTW i suggest you to take a look at the TASK MANAGER --> PERFORMANCE tab .. to be sure that ALL cores/threads of your CPU are fully used during rendering.

https://i.imgur.com/fHdYQ7u.png