This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cannot restore default layout (kdenliverc already deleted)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bartv
Registered Member
Hello,
I accidentally activated a layout (editing) and now want to go back to the default layout, but even after removing kdenliverc (as advised everywhere on the internet) and restarting, and even after "completely removing" (in Synaptic) the kdenlive and kdenlive-data packages, I still get the "editing" layout. :'( :'( :'(
I'm on Ubuntu, kdenlive 20.08.2

I can't find my way around now... Please please add a layout option "default", and/or a config option "reset default layout".
But for the time being, how do I get back to the default layout please? ???
bartoloni
OS
Editing (audio mixer, 2 windows for clip/p[roject preview, and project bin) is the default layout on Kdenlive... do you have a strange locations of tools/windows? can you provide a screenshot?
bartv
Registered Member
Thanks for your reply!
"Editing" didn't put it in default for me.
This is the closest I could get back to default:
https://i.imgur.com/wXaP23I.png
I can't show the editing layout now, because I reverted to the default version that ships with Ubuntu, namely 19.12.3, and it doesn't have the Editing layout. I did that in 20.x, from a PPA. I remember Editing added a second monitor screen, audio bars, star ratings for the clips, effects were elsewhere, ...
bartoloni
OS
this is not the default layout of Kdenlive.. NO MORE... from 20.04 release the layout of windows was changed to a more-modern concept.. (i'm also "switching" manually to old one because i'm a nostalgic... )
there are a lot of tutorials (on youtube) using the old alyout and i suggested months ago' to keep the old one as an alternative choice... but...
bartv
Registered Member
OK, that's clear, thanks.
My confusion was caused by the fact that installing version 20 doesn't change your layout (which is a good thing), but once you lose it, you can't find it back and you wonder where "deafult" went.
I think the solution would be to add a Layout called "Legacy" or something, for the nostalgics... Would suit everyone, I guess.
bartoloni
OS
yep.. a "legacy" profile can be nice.. but ... seems that a lot of users doesn't need this .. maybe is necessary to make a youtube video that explain how to manually re-create the old layout. just to link it on old tutorials.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Note that the layouts now have a separate config file: kdenlive-layoutsrc. Maybe resetting that one could help in some cases