This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Hello, please help with uninstalling KDENlive on Win7

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
thecolibrisings
Registered Member
I moved some things around,

I see the KDENlive files in my App Data of my User profile on disk C.

When I try to UNinstall, I get the message

"You have
Access to the path is denied.
running in C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\kdenlive.
Select "Yes" to kill the process(es), "No" to retry or "Cancel" to quit.

How do I uninstall the program? Please help.

I wish to unstall this so that I can try to reinstall and see if the program works. I installed it, and when I would open the program, I would have nothing but a black program with two gray boxes where the screens are supposed to be.

My project files are strange to open.

I am trying to edit a video project across two platforms, on my laptop with Linux Mint, (running the program from an executable file) and on my desktop, which is on Windows7.

I tried to do this project on another open-source software, but it would crash on my laptop/Linux.

So I tried kdenlive so that I can edit my project on both operating systems, but I am having this uninstall issue.

Thank you,

thecolibrisings
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
AFAIK, kdenlive doesn't create registry entries that are super important or would negatively affect the registry if they were to stay behind a manual uninstall.

Having said this, you can simply delete any kdenlive folder in C:\Program Files (or wherever you installed kdenlive), C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Local (AppData is a hidden folder, and you also need to delete all files kde*.* in ..\Appdata\Local), and in C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
thecolibrisings
Registered Member
berndmj wrote:AFAIK, kdenlive doesn't create registry entries that are super important or would negatively affect the registry if they were to stay behind a manual uninstall.

Having said this, you can simply delete any kdenlive folder in C:\Program Files (or wherever you installed kdenlive), C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Local (AppData is a hidden folder, and you also need to delete all files kde*.* in ..\Appdata\Local), and in C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming

Thanks for your reply. I unhid the AppData folder to get to it.

The folder doesn't delete in Local >

When I go to Local Disk (C:) > Users > Account name > AppData > Local > and I click delete on the folder named 'kdenlive' I get the 'The action can't be completed because the folder is open in another program

Close the folder or file and try again'

outside of that folder in the 'Local' folder there are two files: kdenlive-layoutsrc and kdenliverc, which I was able to delete.
I also deleted the kdenlive folder in AppData > Roaming.
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
thecolibrisings wrote:When I go to Local Disk (C:) > Users > Account name > AppData > Local > and I click delete on the folder named 'kdenlive' I get the 'The action can't be completed because the folder is open in another program

In this case check in Task Manager whether a kdenlive process is still running. Kill them and try again. There is a thread about that behavior here in the forum (https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=265&t=142662#p383247). It is about an older version of kdenlive and AFAIK it was solved in newer versions but still might help you.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Arkengheist
Registered Member
OS
Hi! I wanted to add that I have the exact same problem on my windows 10. I wanted to install 21.04, and you're supposed to uninstall the previous one, and when i try to delete the folder it says it's in use but it's not in the task manager. I've been meaning to restart my computer to try then, but i always have tons of stuff i don't want to close...
bartoloni
OS
the "dbus-daemon.exe" need to be killed on taskmgr also.
Arkengheist
Registered Member
OS
That worked, thanks!