This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive is black, no menu

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
djanidjani
Registered Member

Kdenlive is black, no menu

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:01 pm
Hello! I just installed Kdenlive on my second laptop, but I'm facing some bug - There is no menu and everything is black. In fact, if I click somewhere, I can still get the settings, but they just don't show up. How can I fix it?

https://i.imgur.com/nBrG7X2.png
bartoloni
OS
djanidjani
Registered Member

Re: Kdenlive is black, no menu

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:43 pm
I understood nothing from this thread, but I tried an older Kdenlive version and it shows me that it couldn't run because api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0 is missing. I tried to reinstall a few times and it's still the same.
Merlimau
Registered Member

Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:19 pm
Could you try the following: uninstall Kdenlive -> download the actual version 21.04.2. Install it. If the black screen is still there then try solution 2: https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... ard_driver.
djanidjani
Registered Member

Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:22 pm
Big thanks man, it worked after I updated my driver and enabled the OpenGL. But now there's one another problem - The video is lagging a lot while I'm editing it. Probably the video drivers need to be updated too?
bartoloni
OS

Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:55 am
djanidjani wrote:api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0 is missing. I tried to reinstall a few times and it's still the same.

you are not using Windows 10.. and probably on Windows 7 - 8 - 8.1 you have not installed the universal visual C runtime. (this came with windows updates)
Merlimau
Registered Member

Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:26 pm
Yes, updating video driver is always a good idea.