This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Difficulty Installing Version 21.04.3 standalone for Windows

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
aranyani
Registered Member
I have been very happy using Kdenlive. I was using an older version and decided to upgrade to the 21.04.3. Instructions on the download page states that Windows users should delete the older version before installing the new one. I did that (with some difficulty). I then downloaded 21.04.3.

The problem is that I do not see any way to install it. I can't find an .exe file.

There is a file called setup_vars_opencv4.cmd, but when I click on it, Windows Defender blocks it. I removed the Defender protections and clicked on the file again. It gave me a notice about an unknown publisher and presented a button [RUN] to click. I did this, but nothing happened.

So I am back where I started. Well . . . not exactly, since I deleted my old version of Kdenlive. Now I have nothing. Can someone help me?
Anonymous Fox
I'll quickly explain what a standalone is:
It's a folder in which there is the application. You have to find the kdenlive.exe file.
If you want to INSTALL it, you need the exe file from the download page.https://kdenlive.org/en/download/
There is 1 standalone and 1 Install file.
Hope this helps.
Have a nice day
bartoloni
OS
aranyani wrote:I setup_vars_opencv4.cmd,

where you taken this?