This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Problem Loading VOB file for editing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
prakashc
Registered Member
I am running Kdenlive 20.04.2 available with openSUSE Leap 15.3.

I have to edit an old video which is in VOB. The video runs fine in VLC. However when I load it in Kdenlive the title clip (scrolling vertically) overlaps a part of the video. If I cut the clip where the title clip ends a sizeable part of the video is lost.

I am a beginner and only using only load a clip, cut at desired points, delete selected zone, move selected clip, create a simple title clip etc. No audio, video effects etc.

What am I doing wrong?

prakashc
Merlimau
Registered Member
Use the AppImage 21.08.1 from the download page to make sure everything is working. You can adjust the length of the title clip by grab the end of the title clip and holding down left mouse you can adjust the length. Double click the title clip to adjust the vertical scrolling in the tab animation.
prakashc
Registered Member
Merlimau wrote:Use the AppImage 21.08.1 from the download page to make sure everything is working. You can adjust the length of the title clip by grab the end of the title clip and holding down left mouse you can adjust the length. Double click the title clip to adjust the vertical scrolling in the tab animation.

Thank you for the response. The problem is that I have to edit an existing video in VOB. The title clip is not separate. Due to the overlap occurring when loaded in Kdenlive, the underlying video is hidden. If I cut the video where the title clip ends the underlying video also gets cut and moves about with the titles. Cutting it any earlier is also of no use as the tiles also get cut and remain over the video.

Since the video runs fine in VLC player the original file is OK. The problem occurs on loading it in Kdenlive.

I have now been able to work around the problem by first converting the VOB format video into avi format and then loading it.
I wonder if any one else has faced this problem. Thanks once again.

prakashc