This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Error/Bug: Kdenlive: kdenlive.exe - system's error

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
unknownguy
Registered Member
Hey guys, i can't open the kdenlive correctly, because when i try to do it, the application shows me these message.
Kdenlive: kdenlive.exe - system's error
"The program cannot be started because its missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-20.dll in your computer. Try to reinstall it to solve this problem."

After it, when i try again, the program runs, but didn't show me anything, just a black screen with 2 gray squares in the right side, making it impossibile to me to use the program correctly.

So, what can i do to solve it? :(

My system's configurations:
HD: 320 GB / 2GB ram / Intel Celeron CPU J3060 1.60 GHz 1.60 GHz / x64 / Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
bartoloni
OS
you have to upgrade your Visual C runtime to Universal Visual C Runtime ... (that is standard on WIndows 10.. but need to be installed on Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1)
"usually" it comes with standard Windows updates and "usually" users doens't know that it's necessary to RUN most of new applications using old OSs )

usually i suggest Windows 7 SP1 users to switch to SP2 (called "Convenience rollup update") and after that installing the Universal VisualC Runtime.

to obtain the SP2... you need to have a pre-requisite patch ( KB3020369 )
and after that install the convenience roolup ( KB3125574) )

after that 2 updagrades .. install the Universal VisualC Runtime: KB2999226
unknownguy
Registered Member
Ok bro, i'll try it and comeback soon with updates about it. Ty!