This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Question to Setup-Menu 'Misc'

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wolfn
Registered Member
OS

Question to Setup-Menu 'Misc'

Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:50 pm
Hi,
can somebody point me to some doc's answering this question:
In Settings -> Configure Kdenlive -> Misc -> Default Durations are some timing presets defined.
So far OK, but: what is the difference of Transitions / Fades / Mixes ???
Could not find some documentation for clearance.
What applies to what?

Manjaro-Linux, kdenlive-22-12-2.appimage, I7-9700/16GB/M2-SSD, Sata-SSD
Makinars-Studio
Registered Member
OS

Re: Question to Setup-Menu 'Misc'

Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:22 pm
Fade: It's the most simple Transition after dry cut and nothing else.
Transitions: You can be creative here Slide and Wipe are transitions, and also Dissolve which works the same of Fade.
Mixes: I think is the audio transition(Audio Mix -Composition) but I never use it. ;D

None of this are so important here because you can adjust everything on the timeline and some of this are automatically adjusted according of your clip size.

Hope it helps, love u peace! ^-^

wolfn
Registered Member
OS

Sun May 01, 2022 9:09 am
Thank you, very much!
Fades, ok - I already applied to video and audio tracks (separate). I think, this should be clear now.

If I understand right, transitions are any kind of 'transfer' between adjacent video-clips (V0-x track only), whereas mixes only apply to anything in audio-track(s)?
Audio cross-fade is one of the most important things here to avoid heavy cracks & jumps in my (live) audio from clip to clip.

But, if I use the new 'one-track-edit' with the 'U-key' - is there any difference? The 'U-key' acts on video & audio on selected track(s).

Yeah, adjust is in the timeline is ok, but at 1000+ clips I prefer some hot-key & well done...

Makinars-Studio
Registered Member
OS
If I understand right, transitions are any kind of 'transfer' between adjacent video-clips (V0-x track only), whereas mixes only apply to anything in audio-track(s)?
Audio cross-fade is one of the most important things here to avoid heavy cracks & jumps in my (live) audio from clip to clip.

Thanks Zolder! ;D

But, if I use the new 'one-track-edit' with the 'U-key' - is there any difference? The 'U-key' acts on video & audio on selected track(s).

Ok know we know whats the mixer... Is the size of the mixer in 'one-track-edit' using the 'U-key'
Is the same thing than a transition but automatically add between the two clips and also saves you one track.

wolfn
Registered Member
OS

Sun May 01, 2022 6:30 pm
Thank you!
I think, I will need some time to get familiar with...
But first orientation is done, thanks to your support :)