This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive loading problems (Win10)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jgrand
Registered Member

Kdenlive loading problems (Win10)

Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:57 pm
Sorry if this re-posting, but I couldn't find other answers about crashing that tackled my specific problem.
I'm running Kdenlive in Win10 64-bit, 8GB RAM and Intel UHD Graphics with 1GB RAM.
I don't do heavy editing with enormous files, but sometimes I have to edit something for work.

If Kdenlive is one the first programs that I open after Windows starts up, everything is fine. I can edit and still open my usual programs afterwards.

However, if I open it when some other programs are already running (nothing heavy: a browser, the Whatsapp app and maybe a word processor), it doesn't load. Sometimes it shows the opening screen and then it just vanishes. I don't get an error message or nothing. The best way I can describe it is the program just seems to give up. But, if I close the Windows session, open it again and then open Kdenlive before anything else, it works!

I guess it could be a memory issue, but wouldn't this make Kdenlive crash when I open it first and then open some other programs?

Thank you!
bartoloni
OS
please uninstall kdnelive.. launch the deletion script for windows... viewtopic.php?f=269&t=172868
and after that re-install current daily build (that i'm using without issues) https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kden ... 64-gcc.exe
jgrand
Registered Member
Thanks, @bortoloni. I did what you said, but kdenlive still fails to load when other programs are open.
Right now, I had these programs: two Windows folders, Edge with 4 open tabs, Whatsapp app and 1 instance of Microsoft Word. It didn't open.
I tried to close the itens one for one, to see if it could be any particular one that was blocking the software, but it didn't work.
As usually, I closed and opened a new Windows session and then kdenlive ran.
bartoloni
OS
ok you are using Windows...
please follow these reset instructions: viewtopic.php?f=269&t=172868

P.S. do you have just an Intel vga card? (no nvidia or AMD-Radeon adapters?)