This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Effects & Compositions Windows are blank

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
baqwas
Registered Member
Ubuntu: 22.10
Kdenlive: 22.12 (installed from stable PPA)

Selecting the Effects or Compositions buttons results in a corresponding blank (i.e. white) window pane.
Changed theme to one of the other available options (cycled through all of 'em one at a time) but the Effects or Compositions window panes remain blank/white.
What Settings changes need to be performed to make use of the Effects and Compositions window panes?

Also, while changing the Settings, the main menu bar disappeared owing to operator/user self-inflicted error. How can the main menu bar visibility be restored?

Thanks.

Kind regards.
semarion
Registered Member
Hello baqwas!

baqwas wrote:Selecting the Effects or Compositions buttons results in a corresponding blank (i.e. white) window pane.
Changed theme to one of the other available options (cycled through all of 'em one at a time) but the Effects or Compositions window panes remain blank/white.
What Settings changes need to be performed to make use of the Effects and Compositions window panes?

For this question I have write an answer here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=176817&p=459860&hilit=kdenlive#p459902

The summary is that there is/are package/s missing, in my case was qml-module-org-kde-kcm dependency. If you read the linked post there is more info to find other dependencies just in case this doesn't resolve your issue.

About the main menu bar I was reading the manual today, as I'm new to kdenlive, and I found this: https://docs.kdenlive.org/en/user_inter ... ml#menubar

It can be switched on/off in Settings ‣ Show Menubar or by CTRL +M.

Hope it helps, regards

Semarion
baqwas
Registered Member
Hello @semarion!

Many, many thanks!!! You saved me from insanity. Your suggestion worked flawlessly for python3-pyqt5 and qml-module-org-kde-kcm. My installation couldn't find libqt5multimedia but that is not an issue for me (for now).

Both Effects & Compositions are alive now and ready for use on my desktop thanks to you. I owe you one.

Kind regards.