This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Clip and project monitor's timescales and markers missing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
videoboom
Registered Member
Hi!

My problem is the missing time scales and markers and pointers in bottom of clip and project monitoring windows.
The monitors ithemselves work, for example I can play and mark zone starts and ends (as blind) but I cant see them in the bottom part of those monitors.
There are no timescale, no pointer for current place, no marked zones, nothing. Just white background. In a screenshot that area appears like empty alpha channel checkerboard.
Fedora 37 just updated,
Gnome 43.2
KDEnlive 22.12.0 (last available in Fedora repository)
Graphics Wayland, Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 630 (KBL GT2)

They worked well in my previous setup (older OS & KDEnlive.
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
Hmm, right-click on the clip or project monitor and the select Current Monitor Overlay: Is the Monitor Info Overlay Markers checked or not?

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
videoboom
Registered Member
Thank You for your quick reply :-)

Unfortunately I have no such alternative as Current Monitor Overlay in the dropdown list.
I checked some screenshots in the web and there I see alternatives like
- set current image as thumbnail
- monitor overlay infos
- real time (drop frames)

My KDEnlive has (freely translated from finnish)
- set current image as thumbnail
- show voice thumbnails
- extra info for monitor window

and that last (extra info) gives me something like (translated again)
- monitor extra info
- monitor time code
- monitor playback speed
- monitor markings
- monitor sound wave

In some situations there is some yellow text or something in that blank area but it disappears so fast I can not read it.
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
Very weird! I just checked on my normal install (via kdenlive ppa on Pop!_OS) and I don't have what you described when I right-click anywhere on the monitor window or any other window. Are you sure about the kdenlive version? I also suggest you try the appimage for kdenlive.

As another thought: Please check this reddit thread, perhaps this can also fix the white/black space issue.

Edit: Here is a screen recording showing what options I get when right-clicking on the project monitor or clip monitor.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
videoboom
Registered Member
OK, I tested the newest AppImage and it works OK. It is version 22.12.1 and my non-working version is 22.12.0.
Maybe there has been a bug or something 'incompatibility'.

Those weird names discussed in dropdown list are due to a bit clumsy translation to Finnish language. I changed temporarily to English and the meaning of those Finnish words used there is not exactly the same what the original English words mean.

For just fun I made some test with the problematic version.
I replaced Wayland with Xorg, no difference.
I tried also to change colour theme and colours, and 'Colours and guides', no success either.
The only difference I noticed was the appearance of that blank area in screenshots; it was transparent alpha-channel or solid color, depending on my selections.

Thank You for your help, now I'm just waiting for updated .rpm packet in F37 repository, some day...