This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

where are the stabilize clip options in ver 0.9.10 ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ttguy
OS
defect http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2900 Crash when doing clip stabilize (transcode) has been closed.
So I wanted to test it. I have a 30 Aug 2014 daily build of kdenlive so I looked in it to see if stabilize was working. But I can't find where it is now. Used to be in the "clip jobs" menu Image
But in my daily build this just has "Automatic Scene Split" and "reverse clip"
Where is the stablise options now ?
davrandom
Registered Member
It is still there...
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8u7Z-cHf_RbdnhhODM1TWxxM1U

(can't post the image... I dont' know why)
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:21 pm
vid.stab library is now external to MLT and should be build before. This has been recently updated in daily builds script, I just aked the same to sunab (other distro should do it also but I have no contact yet)
jimi
Registered Member
OS
I have the exact same problem. The "Stabilize" entry is missing in the "Clip Jobs" menu.

I am using OpenSuse 13.1 kdenlive 0.9.10, MLT 0.9.2.
I tried to install transcode-stabilize via RPM, but I get the error message:
"file /usr/lib64/transcode/filter_stabilize.so from install of transcode-stabilize-0.93-3.1.x86_64 conflicts with file from package transcode-1.1.5-110.7.x86_64"

which implicitely confirms that "in principle" the library is there.

Now, how can I get it to work?

Thanks & kind regards!
Hendric
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS
jimi wrote:Now, how can I get it to work?

Install the latest updates, especially from Packman.

libmlt has been rebuilt against libvidstab and the stabilize option shows up fine here now.

kdenlive 0.9.10 removed support for the transcode vidstab plugin, from the changelog:
Code: Select all
  + video stabilizer: added new "vid.stab", removed older ones
jimi
Registered Member
OS
wolfi323 wrote:
jimi wrote:Now, how can I get it to work?

Install the latest updates, especially from Packman.

libmlt has been rebuilt against libvidstab and the stabilize option shows up fine here now.

kdenlive 0.9.10 removed support for the transcode vidstab plugin, from the changelog:
Code: Select all
  + video stabilizer: added new "vid.stab", removed older ones

Dear wolfi,

Thank you very much, the latest updates have brought back this missed option. Very cool, thank you!

Kind regards,
Hendric
adving
Registered Member
Please I am in the need to do this installation to make the stabilization work in Kdenlive 0.9.10

I did not understand how to do after reading this topic, so I need help.

I am using AVLinux Distro which is a great stable and complete distro for audio/video/photo so I would like to keep in this distro.

I am not a computer expert, so, if someone can give me the step by step instructions to install the stabilization feature in the 0.9.10 version it will be very welcome.

Many thanks
adving
Registered Member
wait for a new distro... this is what a linux newbie must do...