This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

kedenlive file ordering, slideshow

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
richardd
Registered Member

kedenlive file ordering, slideshow

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:27 pm
Hello,

I am trying to import a series of images for a time lapse that I am putting together but the order of the images mixes up when I try to import them.
When I try to import using the import using Add Slidshow clip and browse using the filename pattern, the order looks ok.

When I select the first image the order changes.

I get the same results when I use the Mimetype radio button.

Please can someone help me to import these images in the correct order?
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Hello,
Aren't you on windows? Old version? Please give more info.
If yes, the problem lies in the MLT producer (sdl_image) that I had to patch for this platform, but missed the alpha sort function... but after that SDL library has been upgraded from 1 to 2, not sure if it now works with latest version (Kdenlive 17.08.3 archive).
richardd
Registered Member
Hi vpinion,

Thanks for your response,
I am using the linux version, I have located the problem but not sure of the solution and if the patch you mentioned will work. When browsing file it seems strange that they list correctly, I dont understand why the order changes in the Add Slideshow Clip option box.

Example
so if I have a list of files:

file_1.jpg
file_2.jpg
file_3.jpg
file_20.jpg
file_21.jpg
file_101.jpg
file_102.jpg
etc

When importing them in using the slideshow functionality it mixes them up as if they are
file_1.jpg
file_10.jpg
file_11.jpg
file_2.jpg
file_20.jpg
file_21.jpg
etc

Solution
It would work if the files were saved with the masking that is appropriate to the number of files imported, so it the number of files imported were less than 999 it would be like:
file_001.jpg
file_002.jpg
file_003.jpg etc.

I'm looking for other solutions for this from building a filename converter to other capture software but i would love it if Kdenlive could handle these exceptions.

Thanks again
Stetsbequem
Registered Member
OS
The behaviour of the sorting is quite normal under Linux.
- http://www.krename.net/home/ „KRename is a powerful batch renamer for KDE. It allows you to easily rename hundreds or even more files in one go.“

The Social Credit System is a credit rating and blacklist being developed by the the ruling Chinese Communist Party. The goal is total control of the population by awarding points for desirable behavior, or withdrawing them for negative behavior.
richardd
Registered Member
Hi Stetsbequem

Thank you for your help on this, I will use this to rename my files.

Thanks again
Rich
Merlimau
Registered Member
Hi vpinon. I can confirm that under Windows Kdenlive 18.04.1d “add Slidshow clip” doesn’t work. Should I raise a bug?
Merlimau
Registered Member
Fixed with upcoming version 19.04.2