This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Effect name and Composites name are missing characters

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
avanhouten
Registered Member
Hello,

I have a very strange problem. After installing Kdenlive 22.12.3, the Effects and Composites name are missing some characters. It is not the font that is the problem because the earlier version of Kdenlive didn't have this problem and also all other menu names and features have the normal name. Also it is not just the same character, sometimes an "l", sometimes an "h" and many more different characters but it makes it hard to see what exact effect or composition it is. Kdenlive is the only Windows program with this problem. I didn't see any problems of this kind on internet. I already installed some times with the installable and standalone version.

For example:

Color an ag orre tion
3 point allance
Bri htness ke ra a le

Who knows what might be the problem?

avanhouten
Registered Member
I installed Kdenlive 22.04.0 and the problem is gone. So, it is a problem in Kdenlive 22.12.3.
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
You could try the standalone version of kdenlive for Windows

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
awrog
Registered Member
I have the same problem, missing letters in the Effects section (Win10 latest update installed)

kdenlive-22.12.1 => no problem
kdenlive-22.12.2 and higher => missing letters

kdenlive-22.12.3.exe vs kdenlive-22.12.3_standalone.exe => makes no difference, the problems stays
bartoloni
OS
you can try to switch to the opengl backend... i saw in the past old apps doing this with a not full compatibile directx card