This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

change colors in part of a clip - how do I do this?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
drmindermast
Registered Member
Super amateur user here - I've learned some basics, but fancy effects are way beyond me. However, I have an idea for a current project that I think would look cool, I really want to make it happen so I can at least see if it's as good as I'm imagining, and I don't know how to do that.

What I'm trying to do is make a person's eyes flash red for a couple of seconds in the middle of a clip. I thought I might be able to do it with rotoscoping over a red color clip, but it looked terrible. Maybe it would be better if I made the anchor points more precise, but my hunch is that there is probably a better way to go altogether. Can anyone here help me figure out what that might be?

I'm using Kdenlive v22.04.3 on Windows.
bartoloni
OS
you can search an animated GIF with something blinking... after that using motion tracker place2 of these animated gifs on the eyes... like sparkles, explosions ... thsi can make the animation "follow" eyes...

just to do something easy, just add a motion tracked transparent image (.png) like a ball on one eye using the clipboard points imported on a "transform" ( i have made some youtube videos about motion tracking on Kdenlive. )
drmindermast
Registered Member
Thanks! Now there's just the challenge of finding a gif I'm happy with...