This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

question about adding LADSPA effects

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
DavePhillips
Registered Member

question about adding LADSPA effects

Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:41 am
Greetings,

I followed ddennedy's advice and started looking at the XML files used to create Kdenlive's LADSPA-based audio effects. Things look easy enough, but I wondered what to do about an issue with representing values. An effect I want to include (a ring modulator) has a Modulator parameter that goes from -1 to 1. How can I create a slider that registers floating point numbers ? I see examples that go into negative numbers, but usually they're something like -70 to 6 and always integers. Please advise if my slider is possible, it'll help get me started. Hopefully I can add a few more LADSPA effects to Kdenlive's fx stack. :)

Best,

dp
j-b-m
Registered Member
If you have a parameter that goes from -1 to 1, you must use the "factor" parameter, that will divide your max and min values, like in the phaser effect.

So it will look like that:

<parameter type="constant" name="my_parameter_name" max="100" min="-100" default="0" factor="100">
<name>My Parameter Name</name>
</parameter>

DavePhillips
Registered Member
Ah, thank you very much, that solved the problem. I understand the models better now, will practice some more. I have the ringmod effect working but I don't think it's working correctly, I have to run some more tests.