This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Audio Recording only results in noise

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
donkaisen
Registered Member
Hi everybody.

I am trying to make my microphone work in kdenlive. It's a Rode NT USB mic.

lsusb gives me this:
Code: Select all
 Bus 001 Device 006: ID 19f7:0003 RODE Microphones 

/proc/asound/cars also detects it properly.
 0 [PCH            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
                      HDA Intel PCH at 0xdf220000 irq 135
 1 [NTUSB          ]: USB-Audio - RODE NT-USB
                      RODE Microphones RODE NT-USB at usb-0000:00:14.0-2, full speed

the OS is Manjaro (Arch linux) and it is up to date. Im running on a Slimbook Katana 2
Linux kai-slimbook 4.19.49-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Jun 9 20:24:20 UTC 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux

If I open audacity i can successfully record the audio via the device RODE NT-USB Audio (hw:1,0) with no issues at all.

kdenlive however lists a lot of internal devices, from default, pulse, alsa, alsa:usbstram, alsa:default .... many others like this as well.

i tried the whole list and started an audio recording in an audio reccording track for each input. However the result is always the same - a weird noise, but no recording at all.

what could it be? is it me? i also did not manage to make the internal microphone of the laptop work in kdenlive.

ive uploaded a recording sample from kdenlive to my server. Maybe (just maybe) this helps to spot the issue?
http://dev.kaibrockelt.de/capture0008.wav
Best
Kai
Merlimau
Registered Member
Try with the AppImage to see if any components are missing. If it works with the AppImage your installation is not complete.