This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Rendered Video - Audio issue??

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jsm
Registered Member

Rendered Video - Audio issue??

Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:50 pm
I have just started using Kdenlive in the last month. What a great tool! I love the Audio Auto Align tool -- such a great feature!!!

I am making mini-music videos for my songs that will be releasing in 2022. I created all the materials I needed in Kdenlive and only just recently realized I was having an audio issue with the rendered videos.

I am struggling with the audio sound on the rendered video and have tried so many different things on my end, but don't know if I am just missing something? I am on Windows 8.1 (but tried rendering on my husband's Linux machine and it didn't fix my issue).

I am getting what sounds like intermittent digital noise/clipping/tin foil sound on the rendered audio. The high end also sounds a bit harsh. These are finished album tracks that I am able to export into different file formats. I have tried using 48/256 mp3, 44/16 Wav. I have tried lowering the volume to make sure it isn't actually clipping...by as much as -7 db--even though I had already used a limiter in my DAW. The same exact audio renders fine in Lightworks and the free (watermarked) version of Filmora...

Is there something that I am missing? Settings that I need to make sure I have correct? A special audio driver?

Does the audio run HOT in Kdenlive? Because audio that I know isn't going over 0 will show in the red on the meters. Hense why I tried turning down and rendered a file I knew wasn't going over -7 db true peak. Do I need to put a limiter on the file? If so how do I do that in Kdenlive?

While rendering I did change the bit rate to 256 (but didn't make a difference) and am exporting into mp4 for my purposes.
grumpfel
Registered Member

Re: Rendered Video - Audio issue??

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:43 am
It will more easy to help, when you post the Hardware you use. CPU, GPU, audio chip onboard/soundcard/external solutions.
bartoloni
OS

Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:11 am
jsm wrote:that I am able to export into different file formats. I have tried using 48/256 mp3, 44/16 Wav. I have tried lowering the volume to make sure it isn't actually clipping...by as much as -7 db--even though I had already used a limiter in my DAW.

Try also with some rendering profiles downloaded from the "download" button on rendering form.
jsm
Registered Member

Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:11 am
I appreciate both of your responses...

I went ahead and downloaded a different export profile. (Of course I can't find it on my computer...) I am obviously out of my element. I will keep looking for it.

As a follow-up, how could I change my export settings so that I am exporting my mp4s in 24bit or 16 bit? Right now it shows that I have exported (I assume the audio) in 32 bit. I am wondering if my computer is having an issue with that. I don't know why it would but since I didn't give you any of my computer specs...I just thought I might give that a try.
grumpfel
Registered Member

Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:20 am
jsm wrote:I appreciate both of your responses...

I went ahead and downloaded a different export profile. (Of course I can't find it on my computer...) I am obviously out of my element. I will keep looking for it.

As a follow-up, how could I change my export settings so that I am exporting my mp4s in 24bit or 16 bit? Right now it shows that I have exported (I assume the audio) in 32 bit. I am wondering if my computer is having an issue with that. I don't know why it would but since I didn't give you any of my computer specs...I just thought I might give that a try.

Rendering Video/Audio depends on a lot of the hardware in use. If it is slow CPU into the pc, audio can be stuttering, what someone that don't is an experted user, not will understand. Other example, it is a low-end costumer sound chip in use or something that not good supported under Linux, can cause problems. Last but least, the audio/video profile needs to be adapted to the hardware in use.