This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to cut and edit audio only and render it successfully?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
video-beginner
Registered Member
I did not find an audio editor / audio cutter software for Linux in order to handle audio files like cutting video files in kdenlive. Finally I had the idea, to simply use kdenlive for this purpose. It seems, that I can successfully assemble all kinds of audio files in multiple tracks in kdenlive, can do cutting, rearranging, fading out a music to the next. I can control this editing / cutting work in kdenlive and it plays flawlessly.
But each stereo MP3-file will be reduced to a mono track, when I put it in kdenlive. How can I keep the filse in stereo, when putting them into kdenlive?

Further there is a big problem: when I want to render the stuff to an MP3-file, it produces a non playable file of only 7 kB. Rendering is extremly quick (of course) :<

I have checked all options for rendering, but cannot find anything wrong there. Does anybody have a clue, what I could to to render in an MP3 output file successfully?

I am running Manjaro-Linux latest and kdenlive 21.12.0, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX1650 with proprietary driver. Video functions in kdenlive are OK!
zolder
Registered Member
video-beginner wrote:I did not find an audio editor / audio cutter software for Linux in order to handle audio files like cutting video files in kdenlive. Finally I had the idea, to simply use kdenlive for this purpose. It seems, that I can successfully assemble all kinds of audio files in multiple tracks in kdenlive, can do cutting, rearranging, fading out a music to the next. I can control this editing / cutting work in kdenlive and it plays flawlessly./quote]
Yes, you can do almost everything on the audio track.

video-beginner wrote:But each stereo MP3-file will be reduced to a mono track, when I put it in kdenlive. How can I keep the filse in stereo, when putting them into kdenlive?

Huh? The music i import in kdenlive simply stay's stereo. Don't know where you get that 'mono' from. ??

video-beginner wrote:Further there is a big problem: when I want to render the stuff to an MP3-file, it produces a non playable file of only 7 kB. Rendering is extremly quick (of course) :<

I have checked all options for rendering, but cannot find anything wrong there. [b]Does anybody have a clue, what I could to to render in an MP3 output file successfully?

Do you mean render to an mp3 only? Do i understand you right? That's pure audio work. Pure audio work can better be done in audio software as for instance Audacity.
You're also not going to use kdenlive to export a jpeg image, are you? :D