This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Synchronizing Audio - multiple tracks to video

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bushmeister
Registered Member
Hello. I've searched Ytube for information on synchronizing audio tracks and even synchronizing multiple camera angles. I haven't found anything that addresses my need yet. I'm using KD 22.12.2 in Windows. This question/solution should apply to both scenario's, I would think. If I've brought multiple camera angles in from a go pro and I've used a sound snap to identify in both sound tracks, I would think I could mark the same key moment in each and maybe some function that snaps them together in timeline accurately. I'm sure this is blindingly simple for most. I'm still learning the name of tools and their functions. Thank you!
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
If you have a clap or any other discernible sound on the audio tracks you could set a marker (not a guide!) in the tracks and then use that to align them in the timeline. Turn Snap on and then move the audio track towards the marker and it will snap to it in the timeline.

Other than that I am not aware of another way, and there is no feature/effect/tool available in kdenlive, afaik.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
bushmeister
Registered Member
This is going to help greatly. Thank you
waldirio
Registered Member
OS
Hello,

Assuming that you have the clap in both videos, you can do this

1. Add both videos to your timeline
2. In the video that you would like to use the audio as a reference, you can do a right click - "Set Audio Reference"
3. Once the process is done, you can select the second, or multiple video+audio that you have and would like to sync, right-click, "Align Audio to Reference"

It works pretty well.

I hope this helps.
Waldirio
bushmeister
Registered Member
This is perfect. Thank you!!