This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Project settings not customizable?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ebisudave
Registered Member

Project settings not customizable?

Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:09 am

Kdenlive Forum,

I have some clips that are MPEG-2 Video, 30 frames per second, 720 x 480 in size. I have assembled them into a timeline and want to render them out into one complete sequence that is pretty much the same format again.

However, when I go to "Project->Congifure Project", the "Video Format" drop down list has a list of entries that I can't edit. "DV NTSC" is the closest option, but the frame rate is slightly different, and so is the aspect ratio.

Can't I make custom project configurations?

In the "Export Timeline" interface, it is possible to create and edit different format specifications.

But, as I've come to discover, if the project settings aren't already in the right format, the output can become something other than what you expected, no matter how you try and manipulate the rendering.

How can I add custom entries to project configuration options?

Thank you for any advice.

ebisudave
Registered Member

Hello?

Sorry to be a pest, but this seems like it should be either easy to answer or easy to do.

Even if it means adding an entry into a configuration file, surely there is some way to enter a custom project settings configuration...?

ebisudave
Registered Member

Rohitkaul,

Thank you for finding that out.

By comparing the various settings among the different files in that directory, I was able to create a new file that matches the format that my HDD camera uses.

I guess now the only thing to do is add a feature request for the ability to make custom settings from within the Kdenlive interface. Dealing with obscure syntax in settings files clearly not the ideal.

ebisudave
Registered Member

Rohitkaul,

I'm having a very similar problem with aspect ratio and scaling. Everything I render has a similar horizontal scaling problem as you describe.

I started a new thread on the topic here. Is what I describe similar to your issue?

http://www.kdenlive.org/bbforum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=300