This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Windows build issues

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
aseques
Registered Member

Windows build issues

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
Hello,

I'm stuck using windows on the pc where I can use kdenlive, so I'm using that version and had some issues:
  • Current version for windows is 17.12.10, is there a 17.12.13 somewhere for windows?
  • When I go to Settings -> Download new title Templates, there are no items to download, there's a message saying "Configuration file is invalid: 'kdenlive_titles.knsrc'" and the buttons have no label
bartoloni
OS

Re: Windows build issues

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:48 pm
next version for windows will be 18.04 ... i think we are very close to win-release day
for the template download... i think this is not complete feature...
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:38 pm
Hello,

I ran the full build a few days back, updating all dependencies (some interesting fixes lying in Qt, MLT, KF5)...
Unfortunately the new build now crashes on startup (new MLT SDL2 consumer?); I'm trying to debug & fix the problem in my spare hours, but haven't found a solution yet. And rolling back to the previous archive didn't work :-(
So you'll have to wait with 17.12 for some more time!
Note: I'll now include H264/265 encoders, as it is already distributed on KDE servers in the AppImage, so the legal uncertainty doesn't seem problematic anymore? Will result in much simpler install process & less mistakes with FFmpeg version mix.
bartoloni
OS

Tue May 08, 2018 2:39 pm
Vincent i have tried the 18.04.01 and everything seems working correctly.. but the 18.04.01b release has issues with audio/video file formats.

when launching 18.04.01b on a fresh installation of windows 10 this window appears...

bartoloni
OS

Wed May 09, 2018 7:39 am
the latest version ( 18.04.1d ) works fine on rendering.. but there is a strange issue.. some CLIPS are marked "INVALID" (loading a previous project) .. BTW rendering works..

P.S. loading the same clips from a new projects doesn't display "INVALID"