This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Feature request] Use Midi Controllers as input devices

Tags: kdenlive kdenlive kdenlive
(comma "," separated)
lastfreenick
Registered Member
Hi there,

I've been using Kdenlive for some time now and wanted a way to improve my workflow, so I looked into hardware controllers to find that there aren't many options and those available are rather limited.

Through some research I found midi2input that can turn midi messages, as created by keyboards and hardware controllers, into keystrokes and mouse clicks. I'm at the moment trying to set it up to use those faders, knobs and two big jog wheels to control Kdenlive. It's a pretty tedious process but the potential of all is just massive.

Midi DJ controllers can be had very cheaply (like sub 50 bucks cheap) and if you guys somehow managed to make it possible to bake midi into the program, so that midi messages sent by the cotrollers can be detected and used as hotkeys, this would be super awesome and very practical for a ton of people.
taaning
Registered Member
+1

It could be a very nice feature.
truception
Registered Member
bartoloni
OS
lastfreenick wrote:Midi DJ controllers can be had very cheaply (like sub 50 bucks cheap)

Umh.. a JOG shuttle (an easy one) costs 42 euros on Amazon.. (contour shuttle express) but who knows.. maybe a developer can do that if really interested.