This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Idea] kde.org homepage mockup

Tags: kde.org, kde-www kde.org, kde-www kde.org, kde-www
(comma "," separated)
R_Rios
Registered Member
OS

[Idea] kde.org homepage mockup

Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:40 pm
Hey.

I don't know if this is the appropriate place, but I'd like to post here a kde.org homepage mockup I did a good while ago. It's pretty old, so something may be not up to date, but anyway (bigger image here: http://wstaw.org/m/2014/02/10/kde.org_frontpage.png):

The idea was to also create a home page for each of the sections as well (apps.kde.org, community.kde.org, etc.), but I didn't get the idea further.
What do you think?
jensreuterberg
Registered Member
OS

Re: [Idea] kde.org homepage mockup

Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Hey thats awesome! Do you want us to help you get in contact with the Admins for the Homepage so they can see it and weigh in?

KDE Visual Design Group - "Sexy by default - Powerful through cooperation"
R_Rios
Registered Member
OS

Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:54 pm
jensreuterberg wrote:Hey thats awesome! Do you want us to help you get in contact with the Admins for the Homepage so they can see it and weigh in?

I kinda busy this week (final exams and stuff), so I might not be able do it right now, but that would be nice. I sent this to kde-www late in 2012, I think, but nobody answered, so maybe now it's time to give it another go.
jensreuterberg
Registered Member
OS

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:06 pm
I cant promise they will change it to your suggestion but I can at least get them to give you feedback.

KDE Visual Design Group - "Sexy by default - Powerful through cooperation"
davidwright
Registered Member
OS

Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:06 pm
Really nice. The homepage is really in need of a spruce up, and with Frameworks 5 around the corner this is a very good time to do it.

This will never happen, but I'd like to see the homepage based on buddypress: http://commonsinabox.org/documentation/ ... ess-plugin which is basically a community platform in a box, complete with user profiles, private messaging, groups, wikis, forums etc, etc.

Really put the community first.