This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Visual Design Guidelines

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alake
Registered Member
OS

Visual Design Guidelines

Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:07 am
The Visual Design Guidelines are now fully integrated into the Human Interface Guidelines under Presentation:

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usabil ... esentation

These guidelines are regularly updated as the visual design evolves to serve the needs of developers and the KDE visual design community.

Everyone is encouraged to become familiar with the guidelines as we work together to satisfy the visual design needs of the KDE community. It is also useful to become familiar with other aspects of the Human Interface Guidelines.

Hope this is helpful!

P.S. Could an admin be kind enough to sticky this so it's easy for members to find?
einar
Administrator
OS

Re: Visual Design Guidelines

Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:20 am
Sticking for visibility.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
camerondavit
Registered Member
OS

Thu May 23, 2019 4:53 am
Thanks a lot for giving an effective information. Really it's helpful and work exactly. ;)
camerondavit
Registered Member
OS

Sun May 26, 2019 4:31 am
I have a question for you, Do you have enough idea about Visual Design Guidelines? If you have, then I'w like to say a question this is, What is Visual Design, and how much have benefits it? Please tell me specifically so that I'll get the main points. ^-^ ^-^ Thanks a lot.

Edit by moderator: asking questions to yourself are not going anywhere...
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Sun May 26, 2019 9:03 am
camerondavit wrote:I have a question for you, Do you have enough idea about Visual Design Guidelines? If you have, then I'w like to say a question this is, What is Visual Design, and how much have benefits it? Please tell me specifically so that I'll get the main points. ^-^ ^-^ Thanks a lot.

Please do not hijack old threads. How about reading the complete thread from the start, including the links and ask a question in a new thread? Your question are far too generic and can't be answered as such.

If you are actually looking for software that does Image Creation and Editing, have look at Krita.

FWIW: the Visual Design Guidelines are for KDE Community contributors to GUI software. The Guidelines should be read and applied when creating GUI elements.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...