This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Feedback] Neon5 live

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
daedaluz
Registered Member
OS

[Feedback] Neon5 live

Thu May 15, 2014 8:20 pm
Took it for quick ride in Boxes. Comments in image to make sure they are properly in context.

FIX SUGGESTION: It just occurred to me that wouldn't it be possible to deal with those huge system tray quite easily by giving them less scaling? What I mean is that system tray objects would never exceed more than for example 60% of height of panel. That would also make them smaller horizontally, liberating a lot of space.

Last edited by daedaluz on Mon May 19, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blingy
Registered Member

Re: [Feedback] Neon5 live

Thu May 15, 2014 9:11 pm
And two different fonts shadow and the rest without shadows also looks weird in my opinion and as you mentioned the proportions are not the best, we have tiny text and huge **** texts and icons there
enoop
Registered Member

Thu May 15, 2014 9:38 pm
There is also a pretty clear difference between the oxygen style that the desktop settings menu uses and the non qml oxygen found in applications. Also the added slide transition does not appear elsewhere. The clock is taller than the tray icons, and I believe that the tray icons are different widths. Another function that I found annoying was if you click of a tray icon (for example the network settings one) it would open network settings, but if you click the icon again, it doesn't close the popup, it just defaults to showing the empty selection. I agree that the rest of the icons should be homogenized. The kickoff icon is way too small and the application icons are very small as well. I think that the clock should be shrunk to the height of the the system tray icons because the blue line takes up too much room when using bold fonts. Oh and the blue highlight that shows up in corners that you have something bound to, the glow starts if the mouse is like 60 pixels aways as compared to the shorter distance that KDE4 does it. The glow is also much bigger. I find it kind of annoying, especially if you have the top right corner bound to something because I often move my mouse up there to close the window. Another thing that could be done for consistency is to change the check box in the network popup to have the square instead of the check to fit with the new widget style.
Sogatori
Registered Member
OS

Sat May 17, 2014 5:21 pm
I agree that the font of the Clock and the tray icons should be equal in size, though I'd rather see the kickoff icon to be enlarged than the tray icons to be shrunken. Though I don't know how feasible this is from a technical point of view.

I can't verify that the dark systray icons looks differently in the dark varian, because I don't have Plasma Next running, but I think this feedback either belongs on the bugtracker or in this thread.

I wondered about the Breeze cursor, because for me it does not look less "pointy" than the Zion cursor. I looked at the files of both and Breeze even looked "pointier" than the one in Zion. I politely disagree on spinning cursor in Breeze, I think it looks great. However, if you have some more input I'd suggest for you to voice your concerns in this threat.

I agree with you on removing the cashew from the desktop.