This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Calligra (polish maybe?)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
davidwright
Registered Member
OS

Calligra (polish maybe?)

Tue May 27, 2014 5:50 pm
Something in Calligra that's been bugging me for a while is the icons that are displayed just as you start the program (see below). The icons themselves are OK I suppose, but the main problem is the fact they're blurry. I suspect that they are too small and the program is having to blow them up to accommodate. Really they should be SVGs.

Sogatori
Registered Member
OS

Re: Calligra (polish maybe?)

Wed May 28, 2014 12:28 pm
It looks like they icons are maybe to small. Maybe you should fill a bugreport and see what the developers have to say about this.
Heiko Tietze
Registered Member
OS

Wed May 28, 2014 5:34 pm
Wouldn't it be great to have one kind of start page for all KDE SC, something that makes you feel welcome like anditosan's SySe start page? Right now this design reminds me rather on Dolphin.
colomar
Registered Member
OS

Wed May 28, 2014 6:58 pm
The Calligra team is well aware that the start screen of their applications is neither a pleasure to look at nor very useful. There have been some attempts to redesign it in the past, but they all went nowhere due to a lack of motivation to finish the design and implement it.
Therefore I assume that the Calligra team might be happy about suggestions for a redesign, but I don't know if they'd have the resources to implement it. We should talk to them first if we'd like to propose a redesign.

Fixing the icons is a matter that should be more likely to be done.