This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Plasma Look and Feel KCM

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
davidwright
Registered Member
OS

Re: Plasma Look and Feel KCM

Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:37 am
notmart wrote:
davidwright wrote:Not sure if this is what you are looking for but here ya go! :D

Should be fairly self explanatory really. The preview area should probably be bigger, and I think next to the drop down boxes there probably should be a link to the individual settings in the system settings (if possible). The drop down boxes will, of course, list all the installed themes for each individual section, allowing the users to mix and match to their hearts content. Default should also have the name of the theme it is defaulting to as well (as the theme is not providing that option, hence the cross next to it ;) )

So in this design all kcms are replaced by only this one?

No, this was really just meant to be a shortcut, or 'main' screen to make it easier for people to adjust the individual things, rather than have to go into each separate category and change them. It would also mean that we can make it easy to identify which items came with the mega theme by changing the colour (or making bold or whatever) of that item in the dropdown list.

One thing I am struggling with in your current implementation is how you would change back to the 'default' setting of the mega-theme once you have manually changed a few of the items? Would you go back to the mega-theme page and just click on it again and that would reset it?

Ultimately I'm wondering if it would be back to have a master switch to change change between mega-theme mode and free styling mode, and maybe making the mega-themes fixed (greying all the other options out) until you switch back to freestyle mode, with the intention being that the themeing from the last selected mega-theme would stick and allow you change from there. If that all makes sense?

:-)
notmart
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:40 pm
notmart wrote:Anyways, still waiting an answer: is the thumbnail look in last screenshot ok to be propagated to the other places?

still on that thumbnails look refinement, this is applied to wallpapers, I am about to push it but i would really want to have a confirmation beforehand
colomar
Registered Member
OS

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:48 pm
notmart wrote:
notmart wrote:Anyways, still waiting an answer: is the thumbnail look in last screenshot ok to be propagated to the other places?

still on that thumbnails look refinement, this is applied to wallpapers, I am about to push it but i would really want to have a confirmation beforehand

I'd like anditosan to confirm since it was his idea, but he lives in America so he might not even be up yet. Could it wait a bit longer?
anditosan
Registered Member
OS

Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 pm
notmart wrote:

Yes, keep that as of now. Possibly adding extra thickness to the white border and a slight shadow to show difference. Maybe a 2 point shadow with a 35% transparency and a blur of 2 steps.
notmart
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:42 pm
anditosan wrote:
notmart wrote:

Yes, keep that as of now. Possibly adding extra thickness to the white border and a slight shadow to show difference. Maybe a 2 point shadow with a 35% transparency and a blur of 2 steps.

it's now pushed with bigger margins, so in next neon images should be possible to try out
david_edmundson
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:41 pm
I had a play with the new KCM.
In my opinion it needs some sort of introductory sentence in a label somewhere that explains what it is and that it changes all your other settings.
colomar
Registered Member
OS

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:55 pm
david_edmundson wrote:I had a play with the new KCM.
In my opinion it needs some sort of introductory sentence in a label somewhere that explains what it is and that it changes all your other settings.

Yes, you are absolutely right!

Suggestion: "Select an overall look & feel theme for your workspace (including splash screen, lock screen etc.) and applications"
This is just a starting point that can surely still be improved.
notmart
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:57 pm
colomar wrote:Suggestion: "Select an overall look & feel theme for your workspace (including splash screen, lock screen etc.) and applications"

Just as a text label under the title?
colomar
Registered Member
OS

Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:26 pm
notmart wrote:
colomar wrote:Suggestion: "Select an overall look & feel theme for your workspace (including splash screen, lock screen etc.) and applications"

Yeah
notmart
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:47 pm
colomar wrote:
notmart wrote:

Yeah

done