This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Where to put your assets

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hook
Registered Member
OS

Re: Where to put your assets

Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:39 pm
andreas_k wrote:
hook wrote:On a similar note, from what I can tell I’m still not part of the VDG oC group (user: matijasuklje)

evervbody how is doing design stuff or UX or promo stuff is part of VDG. it's not a group of some elite designers it's this forum and everybody how is writing here.

OK, my bad.

I just assumed that this:
You can login there using the same credentials that you are using here in the forum, if you cannot log in or cannot upload anything, that means you are not part of the VDG group on Identity yet. In that case, please write me a PM and I will get you added to it.

All assets which we work on collaboratively should be put in the shared folder "Visual Design Group Share". Within that folder, please use the following folder hierarchy and file naming scheme:

meant that on share.kde.org there is also a VDG group where people share access and collaborate on their designs inside the ownCloud instance as well. I thought that share.kde.org is more than just file hosting.

It's time to prod some serious buttock! ;)
colomar
Registered Member
OS

Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:20 pm
hook wrote:meant that on share.kde.org there is also a VDG group where people share access and collaborate on their designs inside the ownCloud instance as well. I thought that share.kde.org is more than just file hosting.

There is a group within Identity which grants write access to the shared VDG folder.

Everyone who needs access for putting their assets in the shared folder, please send me a PM so I can have you added to the group.
raddison
Registered Member

Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:04 pm
Hello everyone,

I like what I see in this thread and I certainly appreciate the efforts of the VDG. When I'm telling stories to my friends, I always say like "hey I've checked out this Plasma distro and that Plasma distro and that I'm not really satisfied with none as their distro-specific tools don't follow the VDG guidelines". The Linux Mint updater or software center or YaST in OpenSuse for example. I believe in a consistent look throughout the whole system. Consider GitHub for placing assets.

Proud to be powered by Plasma