This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Attention grabbing changes to Breeze theme

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hugo.pereira@free.fr
Registered Member
notmart wrote:btw, loud complaints will happen every time something very visible will change in breeze: seems very thankless but one has to get used to.., always has been the case in the KDE in 4.x and 3.x times (that's at least what i have direct experiece of). That's normal and is unfortunately very central in the human nature.

I fully, unconditionally agree with (and confirm) the above.
Just on a statistical point of view: unhappy people will manifest themselves much more often than happy people. One has to get used to it, and reweight accordingly the positive feedback you get.

For one, even though I did not run it myself directly yet, I find the few screenshots of the "icon-only" taskbar sent around by Uri quite gorgeous.

Best,

Hugo
pedrorodriguez
Registered Member
OS
At first, my first reaction was: what the hell happened to my desktop? New fonts, icons, theme changes.. Now I really like it. Most of it is a matter of being used to something. Then, after giving it a fair try you can decide what stays or what doesn't. Looks great to me. Congrats
Sudhir Khanger
Registered Member
OS
https://dot.kde.org/2016/03/02/plasma-56-beta

The screenshots in Plasma 5.6 beta release blog post is using Breeze theme like in 5.4. The theme has not been reverted. Has it been?

luebking wrote:Disclaimer:
I firmly believe that the concept of a taskbar is a stupid idea. I've no personal agenda. I do not use taskbars anyway ;-P

How exactly do you switch among open windows?

I can find three ways to move among windows.

1. Alt+Tab
2. Present Window effect via mouse hover in window corner/edge
3. Present window effect using keyboard shortcut
luebking
4. a popup windowlist menu
5. a runner (like krun or Enlightenments everything)

But usually alt+tab or present windows (depending on how messy things are ;-)

The "taskbar" constantly wastes space for a strictly transitional action and, what's maybe worse, introduces the blurry concept of a "task" which is neither a window nor a process, somehow a window group and in other ways not.

The only thing it's actually good for is to hint "urgent" windows, but otoh i'm not really interested in the system telling me what to do now/next :-P
mck182
KDE Developer
OS
Sudhir Khanger wrote:https://dot.kde.org/2016/03/02/plasma-56-beta
The screenshots in Plasma 5.6 beta release blog post is using Breeze theme like in 5.4. The theme has not been reverted. Has it been?

Which screenshot exactly? All have correct icon theme as far as I can see.

KDE Telepathy | Plasma | Plasma Mobile
Blingy
Registered Member
I like the changes and think that the dark breeze theme should be the default.

one problem I found was the background color when a windows needs my attention, it looks weird in dark breeze, another annoyance is when you have multiple windows open on one icon in the taskbar and close one over the tooltip it resets and closes the tool tip instead of keeping it open and letting me close more windows
Sudhir Khanger
Registered Member
OS
Looks like the original theme has been revived. I like the latest one which I got probably with the Frameworks 5.27. I like how when something demands attention turns into a yellow tint. Switch is alway a little weird for eyes.