This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Design proposals for SDDM

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
elav
Registered Member
OS

Design proposals for SDDM

Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:24 am
No offense, but the new proposal for the home screen Plasma 5.7 is quite ugly. I do not know if it's the blue that was used, or typography.

Really I do not know what the problem with the current theme design SDDM, but nothing, if you want change, then come the changes .. I will begin to develop some mockups, using as a basis some of the designs that are already seeing with LightDM, GDM, etc ...

Must from the first thing is to know how far we can let your imagination to make a theme for SDDM, it would have to know its API, which allows and does not allow display ..

To this I add, that a Session Manager, I think, should be very simple, because it is basically allowing access our user, select the desktop and want to shut down or restart the computer ..

¿Notifications? I do not know if SDDM permits, and would be great to some extent. What is certain is that the current proposal seems much the login screen of Windows 10, like that I go then ..

http://i.imgur.com/UY8yOwm.png
andreas_k
Registered Member

Re: Design proposals for SDDM

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:12 am
Hi,

we working on a Unified System (https://community.kde.org/KDE_Visual_De ... fied_Login) so not only SDDM the plasma design should be available from grub -> plymounth -> SDDM -> Ksplash -> User Switch -> Lock Screen -> Shutdown

so if you are interested, please let us know.
andreas_k
Registered Member

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:14 am
elav wrote:No offense, but the new proposal for the home screen Plasma 5.7 is quite ugly. I do not know if it's the blue that was used, or typography.

with plasma 5.7 the old one will be shiped. we plan to update to unified stuff with 5.8.
elav
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:39 am
andreas_k wrote:Hi,

we working on a Unified System (https://community.kde.org/KDE_Visual_De ... fied_Login) so not only SDDM the plasma design should be available from grub -> plymounth -> SDDM -> Ksplash -> User Switch -> Lock Screen -> Shutdown

so if you are interested, please let us know.

I am not an expert designer, much less a programmer, but if I can help, I gladly join you. How they are exposing and discussing ideas?
andreas_k
Registered Member

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:11 pm
elav wrote:I am not an expert designer, much less a programmer, but if I can help, I gladly join you. How they are exposing and discussing ideas?
Telegram
elav
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:05 pm
andreas_k wrote:
elav wrote:I am not an expert designer, much less a programmer, but if I can help, I gladly join you. How they are exposing and discussing ideas?
Telegram

Which is the group?