This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Ideas/suggestions for Plasma 5.8 promo video and beyond

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lucas
Registered Member
As you may know or not ;) I am making official Plasma 5 promo videos.
1. Plasma 5.6
https://youtu.be/v0TzoXhAbxg
2. Plasma 5.7
https://youtu.be/A9MtFqkRFwQ

And I would like to make them even better. Since I am rather familiar with blender I can add some nice animations/effects. The problem is not how to make them but rather what to show to make it visually pleasing. So if you have any ideas/suggestions on how we can improve Plasma promo videos, please post here.
fabianr
Registered Member
Even so it's not officially part of the 5.8 plasma release, I would show something about kde-connect. They released 1.0 not too long ago, and kde connect is (afaik) pretty much unique in the foss/linux world.
andreas_k
Registered Member
- the new design of boot to shutdown
- some reworked system settings dialogues
- power consumption of plasma
- wayland session
andreas_k
Registered Member
bugtracker and duealscreen fixes
lucas
Registered Member
Well I probably wasn't clear enough to what I have in mind. Let say we want to show "multi screens fixes" in our video. The question is. How we can show that? By animation, screen recording? Or do we need animated background in our videos or maybe better to use static images. Those are the ideas/suggestions I am looking for ;)
andreas_k
Registered Member
about multi screen fixes I would make an animation where you see an monitor and a laptop with plasma than add a projector and it will work instantly.

don't forget of the feature that you can now klick the linux (windows) key and kicker was shown.
lucas
Registered Member
andreas_k wrote:about multi screen fixes I would make an animation where you see an monitor and a laptop with plasma than add a projector and it will work instantly.

Any example of such animation?