This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive - 2 questions

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
farid
Registered Member
OS

Kdenlive - 2 questions

Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:10 pm
Hello

I am part of the Kdenlive team and will be joining you to make our efforts more aligned with the VDG guidelines.

1- We have a doubt regarding default settings. On our last monthly meeting we got feedback from our users that they want the breeze-dark theme to be set by default. So we are wondering how do you feel about this? Are there any guidelines to follow or we can just go ahead and make the switch for the next release?

2- We just did a redesign of our logo and website and are wondering if there is any text regarding trademark and logo use to follow:
https://kdenlive.org/logo/

PS
Happy to be here and if you'd like to join the Kdenlive effort please let me know. :)

jensreuterberg
Registered Member
OS

Re: Kdenlive - 2 questions

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:51 am
I think that is a relevant question and something I am sure a lot of other graphical apps (like Krita) also think about. Now personally I agree fully, setting it to dark is an obvious choice and many users (me included) tend to shift apps to a dark version (although to be totally frank I don't know why I do it, is it tradition "normally apps like these are dark" or practicality "the focus need to be in the work area at all times"?)

The only slight issue I can think of is how this is done? I mean in Krita you have a subsection for the app in settings with "themes" - which I suppose would have to be there since otherwise you would more or less force the user to use one specific theme. And then the question is, how do you make sure that when the user doesn't have say "Breeze Dark" installed by default, the entire theme is displayed? I mean will Kdenlive ship with the entire theme as well, or will it try to pick the dark theme available?

But either way, I think the answer is "Yes of course you should!" although tbh I would love to have the Krita team weight in, and check if we can write this into the HIG so everyone uses the same solution if possible.

As for the Icon - it is awesome. Andreas K and Alex L are the icon-ninjas and I can't talk for them of course but I see no problems what so ever with the icon you guys made.

Talking of icons - we should chat about in-app icons in Kdenlive. Are there some icons that doesn't make sense or could be improved from Kdenlives perspective?

KDE Visual Design Group - "Sexy by default - Powerful through cooperation"