This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Design help for Elisa Music Player

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mgallien
Registered Member
alake wrote:
mgallien wrote:Hello,

I am now showing ratings with 5 stars. I think that it would help reach the user's goal to be able to filter the views by the rating. This way, one could access highly rated tracks very easily.

I am thinking of adding 5 stars at right of filter text input. It would filter all the tracks that have strictly less stars than what is selected.

Do you have any suggestions about this ?

Great idea. Go ahead and take a stab at what you suggest and post a screenshot. We can iterate on the design as necessary from there. :-)

Please find a screenshot with the all albums view filtered by rating. I have few tracks with rating, this explains why there is few results.
https://community.kde.org/File:Filter_rating_allalbums_Screenshot_20170326_230514.png
I keep an album if at least one track has a rating equal or superior to the filter value.

I have still work to do on the Qml component that is far inferior to the QWidget based one existing in KF5.
alake
Registered Member
OS
mgallien wrote:[

Please find a screenshot with the all albums view filtered by rating. I have few tracks with rating, this explains why there is few results.
https://community.kde.org/File:Filter_rating_allalbums_Screenshot_20170326_230514.png
I keep an album if at least one track has a rating equal or superior to the filter value.

I have still work to do on the Qml component that is far inferior to the QWidget based one existing in KF5.

That looks pretty good to me! :-)
mgallien
Registered Member
Hello,

I have asked Elisa to be moved to extragear before doing a first release of it.

I have an experimental branch with a visualization that goes over the cover background. I would like to ship it disabled but allow an easy activation.
Do you have any ideas for a way to enable that ?
My best idea is to have a switch for it in the main UI. That would allow the feature to be discoverable but may clutter the UI a little bit.

Thanks in advance
kainz.a
Registered Member
OS

I'm not a fan of the different configuration and information areas. At least I would move every "user configuration" to the header and on bottom the browse and playlist view.

In general I would look that you can play your music only with the top "banner". Search element somewhere to the top and when you start search or click the expander you get the bottom elements. An additional playlist element in the banner isn't needed cause you see the last and the next two songs, so it would show the most importend playlist elements.

after expand there in on bottom the configuration toolbar for each section.

what do you thing?
mgallien
Registered Member
Hello,
Thanks for the help offer. I really appreciate it.

I have different points in relation with your design work.

First, I really appreciate the idea to have the previous and next tracks shown in a way similar to what amarok is doing.

I am not sure about putting the playlist controls all at top. I am unsure about the putting the random and repeat button in a much more visible place. I believe that I will still try your idea and see how it looks with regular usage.

The collapsed view may not need a dedicated button. It is (if I convince you) possible to make a collapsed view only by reacting to resize from user. We could also reduce the amount of data shown in the top bar in this case.

I am heavily relying on the filter to find the music I want to listen. I also use cantata to interact with mpd when at home. I also rely on the filter to find my music in it. It may be a good idea to keep it at top to help user discover it. At least, user have to easily discover it. This is really powerful and easy to use.
About filter, I believe that it could be a good idea to add a way to discover (and configure) the fields that are used by the filter. I would like to try a solution similar to krunner.

As a conclusion, I would say that I am happy to introduce changes from the current state. They may take some time to land especially because of the coming holidays. We will try our best to give you feedback.
paullesur
Registered Member
OS
Hi everyone !

Recently I've been working on an icon pack and I designed a custom icon for Elisa. I made this icon pack because I can't find a pixel icon pack... So I designed this :

I tried to make this icon compatible with Breeze, so I made this :

What do you think about this icon ?