This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Desktop] GridView layout

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
destinys
Registered Member

[Desktop] GridView layout

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:23 pm
Hello everyone. I use plasma kde and it's been a while since I'm looking for a way to change the layout of the desktop that does not allow you to place the icons exactly where I want. To explain myself better it would seem there is the grid layout. It is not possible to modify it from the settings. Does anyone know a method and can help me? Thank you in advance.
sebpe
Registered Member

Re: [Desktop] GridView layout

Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:04 pm
The Workspace forums would probably be more suitable for this post, I think the Visual Design Group forum is more for discussing KDE-related design topics.

However, you can change the Layout if you right-click on your desktop -> "Configure Desktop" and change the first Combo-Box to "Folder View". Then the content of some specific folder will be shown in a grid layout. You can change the displayed folder using the "Location" section of the same "Configure Desktop"-Dialogue.
Besides that, for me the "Desktop"-Layout also has some (more fine-grained) kind of grid that the elements snap to (not sure if that depends on the plasma version or some settings).