This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can't change color shemes

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
enoop
Registered Member

Can't change color shemes

Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:25 pm
I can't make the custom color scheme that I applied stick. I want to change the inactive title bar color to match the menu bar, but as soon as I click apply no colors change. Exiting and re launching system settings shows breeze to be re-selected again. Changing to another preset color scheme defaults the color theme to oxygen on system settings restart. I filed a bug report on this, but have gotten no response on it, so I'm posting this to try to bring attention to the bug.
einar
Administrator
OS

Re: Can't change color shemes

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:33 am
Can you post the bug number?

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
enoop
Registered Member

Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:30 pm
Yeah sorry, it's Bug 336813.
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=336813
einar
Administrator
OS

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:24 pm
IIRC, this bug was fixed a few days ago. Can you check if it still persists in 5.0 or in later snapshots from git?

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
enoop
Registered Member

Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:29 pm
It is still present in both my virtualbox install of project neon (fully updated) and in my 5.0 build on arch installed on my laptop.
rumangerst
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:15 am
I'm currently using Neon PPA on Kubuntu 14.04 (no VM) and I was able to change colors twice so far. Then I wanted to change titlebar color again, but instead of applying it, it's just resetting - Now i'm stuck with a blue titlebar :/
Futhorc
Registered Member

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:51 pm
With 5.0.1, the colour schemes work only in Qt5 applications, Qt4 ones like Dolphin aren't affected, and stay with defaults. I've tried changing kdeglobals in both .kde and .kde4, and both are ignored.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:57 am
Can you please check the output of "kde4-config --localprefix" to verify that KDE 4 applications are trying to use ~/.kde or ~/.kde4 for their settings?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Futhorc
Registered Member

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:24 pm
kde4-config --localprefix shows .kde4 , changing it from system settings modifies .kde , changing .kde4's to the same doesn't change dolphin's qt4 colour scheme.

QT5 apps work fine, changing widgets to oxygen/qtcurve is picked up correctly by qt4 apps however. It is strange that it accepts widget changes but not colour scheme.