This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Folder View Icon Size

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pvandenberg
Registered Member

Folder View Icon Size

Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:27 am
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the size of the icons in the folder view widget in Plasma 5? In KDE4, there was a setting for in the folder view configuration.

Thanks....Paul
einar
Administrator
OS

Re: Folder View Icon Size

Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:56 pm
I *think* it's only been re-enabled recently: I'll ask the developers if this is going to come back in a point release.

EDIT: It will be for sure in the next major release (5.1). Whether it will make it also in a minor point release (5.0.1) is not decided yet (more stabilization work in other areas is needed first).

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
hein
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:24 pm
To expand on the above, I decided to hide the icon size setting shortly before 5.0 got tagged for safety reasons, because I wasn't confident in its reliability. I've recently reenabled it on the master branch (what will become 5.1) and am going to make a few changes in the implementation soon, and will then take a good look at things and decide whether to backport to the 5.0 branch (what will become 5.0.1).

If you're the adventurous or impatient sort, you can open your plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc config file and try iconSize=<value between 0 and 5> (frankly it's probably fairly safe, in retrospect I could probably have left it enabled for the release).

Plasma, apps hacker. KDE e.V. vice president.
pvandenberg
Registered Member

Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:05 pm
Thanks for the replies. I was away for a while and just noticed them. On a related note, will it possible to arrange the icons manually in the folder? Right now, it seems only to work when the desktop is in folder mode as opposed to a widget just using a part of the desktop.

Thanks....Paul