This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kmix and Ksnapshot autostart on Plasma 5

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Sudhir Khanger
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

Kmix isn't starting on its own on Plasma 5 at the system startup and KSnapshot won't be triggered with PrtSc. I can launch both the apps just fine using Krunner. Also Kmix is super sensitive. One small flick and volume reached 100%.

Thanks.
einar
Administrator
OS
You can autostart these by copying their .desktop files (/usr/share/applications/kde4/kmix.desktop, for example, in my openSUSE system) under ~/.config/autostart.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
Sudhir Khanger
Registered Member
OS
I could start kmix that way but Ksnapshot would just pop up at every boot and it wouldn't still be bound to PrtSc.
einar
Administrator
OS
That's a different issue. KSnapshot is not autostarted, but activated by the gestures control module. AFAIK, that control module has not yet been ported to KF5.

Sudhir Khanger
Registered Member
OS
Cool.

Do you know if KWallet has been ported to Plasma 5? Is there a place where I can see what has been done and what is still being done? Maybe some mailing list, I remember about kde todo board, etc.
einar
Administrator
OS
KWallet has been ported as it's a framework part of KF5 (it will also migrate your wallets from the 4.x series when you start). There used to be a wiki page with porting details, but I think it's out of date now.