This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

windows white trips on firefox, netbeans under plasma 5

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
matpolonio
Registered Member
hey people, i am using kde plasma 5 under kubuntu 14.04 and when i run netbeans or firefox with black themes appears a white trip under windows decoration (breeze black) and firefox or netbeans black themes. What i am asking is, this is a bug, is normal and will stay, or is because is a beta of plasma kde 5? I think that is because of dolphin/kwin, this boths programm will be ported for kde framework 5 or not?
luebking
ideally, provide a screenshot to illustrate your question. thanks.
might randomly be an OpenGL artifact - suspend the compositor (shift+alt+f12) to test into that direction.
matpolonio
Registered Member
luebking
Part of the deco, it seems.
I asume this is still the breeze decoration based on the aurorae engine which will be replaced anyway.
Although afaics the design includes a (thin) line (to indicate the active window or something?) that giant thing is hopefully a bug ;-)
Does it also appear on non-maximized windows?
matpolonio
Registered Member
Yes, appears in maximized windows or another size of the windows that is set.
luebking
=)
I meant whether it *only* occurs in maximized windows (in that case I'd have assumed a bug in Aurorae or the particular theme, since the titlebar height might have shrunk uncaught in that condition) - but given it occurs for every state, I assume that's just a theme detail (probably some artist wanted padding inside the window and just added that to the titlebar ;-)
matpolonio
Registered Member
luebking wrote:=)
I meant whether it *only* occurs in maximized windows (in that case I'd have assumed a bug in Aurorae or the particular theme, since the titlebar height might have shrunk uncaught in that condition) - but given it occurs for every state, I assume that's just a theme detail (probably some artist wanted padding inside the window and just added that to the titlebar ;-)

We ll hope so, because kde 5 will be the most reliable and beautiful Desktop Environment in the linux world.