This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Theme/Window Style is broken

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Sudhir Khanger
Registered Member
OS

Theme/Window Style is broken

Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:54 pm
I am using a fresh installation of Plasma 5 on Fedora 20. Themes and window style seems to be broken on my system.

eliasp
Registered Member
OS

Re: Theme/Window Style is broken

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:05 pm
Could you describe, what you think is broken? I don't see anything obvious in your screenshots.
Sudhir Khanger
Registered Member
OS

Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:05 pm
eliasp wrote:Could you describe, what you think is broken? I don't see anything obvious in your screenshots.

The scrollbar and the scrollbar tabs, toolbar icons in Emacs, etc. they don't really feel like are using native theme of KDE or Qt applications. They have a look of more like boxy GTK+ theme. Previously, I upgraded an old system running Fedora 20 to Plasma 5. This time I clean installed Fedora 20 and then right away installed Plasma 5 to avoid any crusft and have near native look.
luebking

Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:52 pm
Probably because emacs /is/ a gtk+ application?

Either no other gtk+ theme is installed or the one configured isn't installed or gtk+ is configured to use the "default" look.
Check ~/.gtkrc* onf configuration details. Gtk+ themes reside is /usr/share/theme and ~/.local/share/themes

This has not much to do with plasma/5, notably since the Qt style seems plastique (thus this is actually KWrite from KDE4)
I'm not sure whether there's a plastique matching gtk+ theme, but guess Fedora would have installed QtCurve or Oxygen before.
Sudhir Khanger
Registered Member
OS

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:36 pm
luebking wrote:Probably because emacs /is/ a gtk+ application?

Either no other gtk+ theme is installed or the one configured isn't installed or gtk+ is configured to use the "default" look.
Check ~/.gtkrc* onf configuration details. Gtk+ themes reside is /usr/share/theme and ~/.local/share/themes

This has not much to do with plasma/5, notably since the Qt style seems plastique (thus this is actually KWrite from KDE4)
I'm not sure whether there's a plastique matching gtk+ theme, but guess Fedora would have installed QtCurve or Oxygen before.

Yes, Eclipse is gtk2 app. I posted that just for comparison. I have gtk-engines installed. Since kde-gtk-theming kcm is not yet available I was able to get it working with LXAppearance. Qt's native theme still looks very bad.

Is there any reason kde4 apps are using Plastique theme but not Oxygen which is selected as default. Plastique isn't even in widget style options.
Sudhir Khanger
Registered Member
OS

Re: Theme/Window Style is broken  Topic is solved

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:44 pm
luebking wrote:This has not much to do with plasma/5, notably since the Qt style seems plastique (thus this is actually KWrite from KDE4)

Thanks for pointing that out. It was showing Oxygen but it wasn't installed at least the x86_64 version on my system. Installing it fixed it.

sudo yum install kde-style-oxygen