This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Setting proxy on KDE / Plasma 5

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jswaelens
Registered Member
OS

Setting proxy on KDE / Plasma 5

Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:53 pm
Hello,

I just switched to using Plasma 5, but I can't seem to find the proxy configuration utility which was available in KDE 4. Didn't find anything relevant in the network manager as well. I need proxy switching quite often and liked the way it was handled in the previous version quite a lot.

Can someone indicate where this is configured?

Many thanks
hein
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Setting proxy on KDE / Plasma 5

Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:01 pm
I've ported the proxy KCM to KF5's KIO framework in mid-December. It should be included as of the 5.5.0 release (of Frameworks, not Plasma, which is only at 5.1) and show up under Network -> Settings -> Proxy in your System Settings. The UI is unchanged.

Plasma, apps hacker. KDE e.V. vice president.
jswaelens
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:45 am
hein wrote:I've ported the proxy KCM to KF5's KIO framework in mid-December. It should be included as of the 5.5.0 release (of Frameworks, not Plasma, which is only at 5.1) and show up under Network -> Settings -> Proxy in your System Settings. The UI is unchanged.

Thanks, my framework components are all on version 5.5.0-1.fc21 which should be high enough as far as I can tell. The strange thing is, when I go to System Setting, Network and then Settings it contains only 1 item called SSL Preferences. Not sure where to go from there, maybe the definition entry is missing for it to allow to show up?

tx
hein
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:01 pm
There should be six entries there these days: Proxy, Connection Preferences, SSL Preferences, Cache, Cookies, Browser Identification.

I think the relevant category .desktop file has to be there for you, or the SSL one wouldn't show ... not sure what's hiding the others, maybe it skipped by packaging. I'd recommend opening a thread on the fedora-kde mailing list or asking in #fedora-kde, folks like rdieter are nice and quick to help (I'm a Fedora user myself, but I use self-compiled KDE stuff).

jswaelens
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:58 am
Thanks, will do and in case I find a cure will post back the fix.
jswaelens
Registered Member
OS
After updating to the latest framework (5.6) and plasma (5.2) the full network settings are available.

Thanks all.
hein
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:46 pm
Yay! Thanks for following up.

themroc
Registered Member
OS

Mon May 04, 2015 12:30 pm
jswaelens wrote:After updating to the latest framework (5.6) and plasma (5.2) the full network settings are available.

Thanks all.

Yes, the full network settings are available now, but they doesn't work! ???

Here is my Bug-Report:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-workspace/+bug/1450114