This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Add panel options (custom panel)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gtanner
Registered Member

Add panel options (custom panel)

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:57 pm
I would like to add a new option to my 'add panel' list. When moving my laptop from home->work->home i change monitor setups and add a panel for each screen. Thus I would like to save the panel's configuration so that when I right click on the left/right monitors i can 'add panel' -> 'empty panel', 'default panel', 'left panel', 'right panel'. So my question is where are the predefined panels defined?

-Thank you for your time.
einar
Administrator
OS
They're defined as Javascript files and should be installed somewhere in your prefix (I have them in /usr/share/plasma/layout-templates). You can make a similar structure in your HOME dir, like ~/.local/share/plasma/layout-templates/) and put your customized Javascript files there. They should become available as new templates.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
gtanner
Registered Member
Thank you. I found it at '/usr/share/apps/plasma/layout-templates' I'll try to make a custom one and update again. It would seem that after creating a new folder KDE must be reloaded to 'see' the new option.