This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

plasma 5.2 on kubuntu 14.10

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dolev
Registered Member

plasma 5.2 on kubuntu 14.10

Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:16 am
Hi, i am trying to install Plasma 5.2 on my current 14.10 installation of Kubuntu. I set the backports per the instructions, but the update keeps looping.

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade seems to be doing what is expected, but then Muon keeps telling me there are updates. Each time, I am performing the same action, but the result is the same. What am I doing wrong, or what am I missing? I know this is not much information, so please let me know what additional informaiton you might need to provide better support for this incident.

To be clear, I am not seeing an error message. These packages just won't install, prompting for update again and again.

Thanks
einar
Administrator
OS

Re: plasma 5.2 on kubuntu 14.10

Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:48 am
You may want to post this also on a Kubuntu-specific forum, as this looks like some sort of packaging problem.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
claydoh
Registered Member
OS

Re: plasma 5.2 on kubuntu 14.10

Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:17 pm
My guess is that you may not have the needed "next" ppa installed as well as the next-backports ppa. (the news article on kubuntu.org does not specify this, nor do any other articles on the web that I have seen). You say that apt-get dist-upgrade seems to be working, but I'll venture to guess that there may be a number of upgradeable packages that are not being installed due to not having the other ppa added.

* claydoh is seeing if we can get the instructions clarified on this.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001