This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Change Notification Location

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Kilobyte
Registered Member
OS

Change Notification Location

Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:55 pm
Hey guys,

I recently upgraded to Plasma 5 and its awesome, there is only one thing that started annoying me: By default notifications appear in the bottom right corner, but i personally would prefer them top right corner. Is there a way to change that, and if so, how?

Greetings, Kilobyte
google01103
Manager

Re: Change Notification Location

Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:30 pm
iirc (in KDE 4 so maybe in Plasma 5) - next time a notification pops up just drag it to the to right corner and all subsequent one will be placed there

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Kilobyte
Registered Member
OS

Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:51 pm
Nope, that does not work.
google01103
Manager

Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:33 pm
guessing that is a change in behavior and you could post a bug/wishlist request on bugs.kde.org

try disabling notifier in the system tray settings and add a notifier widget in top right

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Kilobyte
Registered Member
OS

Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:43 pm
I still want the notification center thingy in system tray. Just the popup when a new notification gets added shall be in top right, so yeah, will post on wishlist later. I can live with it for now.
wmarler
Registered Member

Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:23 am
Kilobyte wrote:I still want the notification center thingy in system tray. Just the popup when a new notification gets added shall be in top right, so yeah, will post on wishlist later. I can live with it for now.

I want the same thing -- where did you post your wish? I'd like to +1/vote for/like it.
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS

Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:34 am
This is already implemented and will be in 5.3.0:
https://bugs.kde.org/344841