This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

everthing forgotten after reboot/relogin, limited permission

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Rudi R??ssel
Registered Member
Hi,

I have a fresh installation in Plasma5 (funtoo) and some things are still not working for me.
Everytime I startup KDE5 I have to open system settings and do all changes again like in the list below.

-) Language and keyboard layout are not recognized even when set in settings, I have now to set them in a xorg.conf file
-) screen resolutions and monitor positions (2 monitors) are not saved, again to be set in xorg.conf and a script to change primary monitor
-) in Konsole the open tabs are not saved and only one is available after startup
-) scripts added as startup in KDE are not saved and therefor not executed at login
-) sddm settings can't be changed in anyway, only message is "you are not allowed to save the configuration"
-) when I want to shut the computer down I first have to log off in KDE and then shutdown using the button login screen (sddm). I have set
to offer shutdown options in KDE but the settings are not recognized at all.

I have tried all I know to get all these issues going but without any success so far. I am pretty sure that I am missing any permission
or something like that.
Maybe someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance
Rudi
lukas.tinkl
Registered Member
OS
All the symptoms suggest you don't have "polkit-kde-authentication-agent-1" running
Rudi R??ssel
Registered Member
Hi,

thanks for your quick answer.

polkit-kde-agent from live repositories (9999) is installed

eix output:
kde-plasma/polkit-kde-agent [1]
Installed versions: 9999(5)

can I check if it is running and working properly?
Rudi R??ssel
Registered Member
Seems solved so far.

DBUS service was not started at boot