This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Resolution Problem with all Plasma 5 applications

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sebastianof
Registered Member
I'm using archlinux, and i've updated the system. At this moment most of the environment is still using the old KDE4 application and setting, but some application have been updated to their new release. These application are: kate, konsole and Gwenview. Unfortunately all these applications look really bad. Most of the components look huge and pixelated and they are almost unusable.

Screens:

If i try to update everything to plasma-next also the desktop start being huge and pixelated, like:

(it was impossible to use it, and so i reverted to kdeworkspace)

When i was using Plasma-next i've tried lot's of different settings about DPI and font size, but that don't seems to change anything. Right now i cannot even exactly change that setting, because i don't have access to plasma 5 apps setting.

Maybe this can be in some way related with the fact that my screen has a WQXGA+ (3200x1800) resolution. I'm not using with his native resolution, but i'm using it at a full HD resolution.

I've searched everything, but it seems like i'm the only one with this problem. I cannot even define it precisely.

Thank you a lot for your help.

P.S. Apologize if the section is wrong i'm not sure whether to post this in the app section on in other section
P.P.S. Apologize if i've been inappropriate in the distinction about Plasma 5, Plasma 5, KF 5 KDE 5, KF5 App, i'm not really sure of that component is referred by these names.
einar
Administrator
OS
Do you have a high-DPI screen? Most fixes for high DPI screens will come to Plasma 5.3.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
sebastianof
Registered Member
Cool!
But actually i'm not trying to use the monitor as an HiDPI monitor, i'm using it lowering the resolution! so it should work like a normal monitor! I'm using it at FullHD resolution.
luebking
Many issues were caused by ignoring the logical and relying on the physical DPI - so your case should likely be covered.