This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

kwallet kde4 vs kwallet kf5

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
leissa
Registered Member

kwallet kde4 vs kwallet kf5

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:51 pm
Hi all,

I upgraded two months ago or so from kde4 to kf5. I now have two kwallets running. One from kde4, the other from kf5 which is *very* annoying.
Does someone know how to get rid of kde4 kwallet? Is that even possible?
Apperantly, the daemon lives in kdebase-runtime (kde4 package on arch) and a number of applications (like kontact which is still kde4-based as there is no kf5 version available) still depend on it. So I guess, I'm out of luck or is there a trick?
It's not so much that I have a problem with two daemons running. But each time I login to KDE I get two popups which ask for my wallet password - one from kde4, one from kf5. So, do I now have two wallets? Or ist there just one, but for some reason I get two password boxes? All this is very confusing...

I'm on frameworks version 5.8.0 with applications 15.04 beta and with kde4 stuff which has not yet been ported on 14.12.3 using kde dev platform 4.14.6.
vrusu
Registered Member
OS

Re: kwallet kde4 vs kwallet kf5

Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:03 pm
Please see this blog post https://barlog.rusu.info/valentin/blog/ for an explanation of the two kwalletd daemons.

You may get rid of the old kwalletd if you uninstall all the KDE4-related applications. The next KDE Applications 15.04 will help you do that, as it will ship quite a load of KF5-ported applications. Thanks for the patience.